Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Waking Up

Is life my dream or are my dreams my life?

Ever since I was a child I've had incredibly vivid dreams, ranging from loves you could never hope to feel to terrors you would never wish to meet.

I used to think it was the turmoil of my young mind that caused me to dream so wildly but even now as an adult the dreams continue, vividly and lucidly.

I dream so lucidly in fact that many of my dreams are interwoven into my actual memories and I often remember my dreams on certain days better than the days themselves.

While I have very lucid dreams its not always so much that I realize I'm in a dream but, I have a very heightened sense of control and power in my dreams. Its not that I realize I'm in a dream but I simply realize I can do things that I would physically be unable to do in the waking world.
More often than not when I do realize I'm dreaming is when the dreams begin to fade and I begin to wake. So while I remember my dreams almost all the time and realize I have power in my dreams, I don't necessarily know I'm dreaming when I am.

I've taken detailed notes on many of my past dreams, even thought I might be able to make a good book out of some of them. For some time they've been at me, pleading, begging, biting, tearing, nagging to get out. So I've decided to let them out.

No comments: